Jan. 15, Feb. 19, Mar. 19, Apr. 18, May 22, Jun. 18
Leadership Greater Washington in partnership with Capital One, invites active LGW Members to participate in a comprehensive six-part training series structured to equip organizations with the knowledge and skills to improve gender equity in the workplace. Men are strongly encouraged to participate.
Through interactive sessions led by experts, this series will provide a holistic understanding of existing workplace practices and associated challenges, tools and strategies on strengthening leadership, diversity and equity, and will explore the influence gender parity has on company's success and longevity.
Those participating in the training series will be expected to attend each of the sessions from January-June 1019 and will take place at Capital One's headquarters in McLean, VA (metro accessible). Workshop sessions will also include opportunities for networking.
Below are more details regarding each session (session order is subject to change):
- January 15: Gender Equity in the Workplace
- February 19: Creating an Enabling Workplace
- March 19: Leadership Styles: Inclusive Leadership and Promoting Women Leaders
- April 18: Men as Promoters of Gender Equity
- May 22: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- June 18: Gender Mainstreaming: Strategies and Next Steps to Achieve Gender Equity
All sessions will be held 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM.
There is no charge for the event, but space is limited at 40 spots for LGW members. Be sure to register today!