March 20, 2018
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Pepco Edison Place Gallery, 702 Eight Street NW, Washington DC
Leadership Greater Washington’s Nonprofit Showcase & Philanthropy Panel, hosted by Pepco, is an exclusive members-only event offering nonprofits the opportunity to learn what philanthropic leaders are looking for when making funding decisions, as well as for attendees to familiarize themselves with nonprofit organizations that are part of the LGW community.
Philanthropy Panel (4:00-5:00pm)
Experts will share their specific insights regarding what funders look for and how organizations can best position themselves with philanthropic organizations. The list of panelists includes:
• Moderator: Rosie Allen-Herring (’02), President and CEO, United Way of the National Capital Area
• Debbi Jarvis (’09), Vice President, Corporate Relations, Pepco
• Sonia McCormick (’10), Senior Vice President l Director of Client & Community Relations, PNC
• Tobi Printz-Platnick (’17), Senior Program Officer, The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation
Nonprofit Showcase and Happy Hour (5:00-7:00pm)
Immediately following the panel, guests will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from featured nonprofits at staffed tables while enjoying some wine and light refreshments provided by our sponsors, Geppetto Catering and Apex Home Loans.
LGW members have the potential to build meaningful connections with local nonprofits which could result in:
• Contributing volunteer hours individually or from their organization
• Providing funding either individually or through their company
• Developing strategic partnerships
Additionally, the showcase will highlight LGW’s new Outcomes initiative, including representation from the three featured Outcomes organizations: A Wider Circle, The Posse Foundation, and A-SPAN. Learn more about Outcomes:
There is no charge to attend but all participants must RSVP.