Katy Moore has spent more than 15 years working in the field of philanthropy at the local, regional, and national levels. Over the course of her career, she’s helped hundreds of grantmakers and individual donors effectively invest in the causes and communities they care about.
In 2019, Katy joined Orr Group – a full-service strategic fundraising firm. In this role, Katy leverages her years of experience in philanthropy and corporate social responsibility to help nonprofit organizations increase and diversify their revenue streams, build their boards, and enhance their fundraising strategies.
Prior to joining Orr Group, Katy served as the Managing Director for the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (WRAG) – a powerful network of more than 100 of the largest and most respected philanthropic organizations in the Greater Washington, DC region. In this role, Katy founded and led the Institute for Corporate Social Responsibility in partnership with Johns Hopkins University, led WRAG’s business development and innovation efforts, and raised nearly 90% of the organization’s annual revenue.
Katy is a proud graduate of Leadership Greater Washington’s Class of 2019 “Raising the Bar!” She holds numerous board and volunteer leadership roles with organizations working to improve the quality of life in our region.
In her spare time, she can usually be found gardening, reading, traveling, or enjoying wine. She lives in Falls Church, VA with her partner, Matt Quinn (who can regularly be seen as an appraiser on PBS’ Antiques Roadshow), her young daughter, and 100 lb Giant Schnauzer.
Selected Recent Publications
- Philanthropy Then and Now: Mid-Career Reflections
- Nonprofit Branding: Get Noticed, Get Funded
- Five things corporate funders wish nonprofits knew
- What a Career in Philanthropy Taught Me
- MPA, Nonprofit Administration, University of Arkansas
- B.A., Art History, University of Arkansas
- Board of Directors, Leadership Greater Washington
- Board of Directors, Many Hands DC
- Grants Committee, Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States
- Corporate Leadership Council, Miriam’s Kitchen
- Reviewer, Catalogue for Philanthropy