Since 1986, Leadership Greater Washington (LGW) has developed over 1,900 executive leaders from DC, Northern Virginia, and Suburban Maryland, through its flagship offering, the Signature Program — an intensive 10-month program that exposes professionals to regional civic issues through education, connection, and knowledge sharing.
BENEFITS OF THE SIGNATURE PROGRAM
The Signature Program provides an opportunity for Greater Washington’s most influential change-makers and leaders to come together around community issues with a dynamic group of their peers, identify challenges in the region, drive dialogue and build the connections that facilitate solutions. Each year, approximately 60 leaders are competitively selected to represent the professional and individual diversity of the Greater Washington region as the LGW Signature Class. The Signature Program sheds light on a variety of regional challenges to reflect the current needs of Greater Washington. Signature Program participants hail from diverse professional sectors throughout the region including nonprofit, corporate, government, and small and large business owners.
Through the Signature Program, participants will:
• Gain access to LGW’s membership base of over 1,900 regional decision makers
• Build a network of diverse executive peers from all sectors and a variety
• Leverage collective resources to make the Greater Washington region a more
dynamic and collaborative community.
Dates for Leadership Greater Washington Class of 2020
- Orientation: September 12, 2019
- Opening Retreat: September 19-20, 2019
- Regionalism Day: October 10, 2019
- Education Day: November 21, 2019
- Arts & Entertainment Day: December 12, 2019
- Inclusiveness Day: January 16, 2020
- Human Needs Day: January 17, 2020
- Entrepreneurship Day: February 20, 2020
- Public Safety Day: March 19, 2020
- Community Health Day: April 23, 2020
- Environmental Sustainability Day: May 21, 2020
- Closing Retreat: June 18-19, 2020
- Thursday, January 24: Silver Spring | Cook Ross: 8515 Georgia Ave, Suite 800, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Monday, January 28: Arlington | Washington Business Journal: 1100 Wilson Blvd, Suite 800, Arlington, VA 22209
- Thursday, January 31: Prince George's County | Wegmans: 9001 McHugh Dr, Lanham, MD 20706
- Tuesday, February 12: DC | Leadership Greater Washington, 9th Floor: 1602 L Street NW, Washington 20036
For more information regarding LGW's Signature Program, click here:
Ready to apply? Submit your application today!
LGW Signature Program Day Sponsor
LGW Signature Program In-Kind Sponsors