Leadership Greater Washington seeks candidates to serve on its Board of Directors and/or Nominating Committee. Members of the Board and Nominating Committee are elected for three-year terms. Terms begin in FY 2021 (July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021).
We are also accepting nominations for the new Board Chair-Elect, who will serve on the board from July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2024, serving as LGW's Board Chair in FY22 and FY23.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. LGW board service is open only to current, active members of LGW. Feel free to nominate multiple candidates.
Chair-Elect Board of Directors Nominations
In addition to the Chair-Elect opening, we have several board seats available for the coming year. We seek candidates who possess some or all of these characteristics:
- Familiarity working with a nonprofit or serving on a nonprofit board, preferably in leadership roles (required for Chair-Elect)
- Strong access to/direct connections with top leaders in business, government or in the community
- Skills in fundraising and technology (for board members only)
- High energy, proactive and committed to servant leadership
- Passionate about LGW and its mission
- Can commit annually to a donation of $1,000 in board dues, donation of $500 to support the Signature Program Scholarship Fund and the $5,000 give/get to support LGW programs
Members of the LGW Board of Directors must be willing to make LGW board service a priority and maintain active LGW membership throughout their tenure on the board of directors. We value diversity in race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, geography, and professional sector.
Nominating Committee Nominations
ITo serve on the nominating committee, you must be an active LGW member, closely familiar with other members working throughout the DC region across professional sectors, and reflect the diversity of our membership and region. Members serve on the nominating committee for a term of three years.
You may submit multiple nominees for consideration. The deadline to submit nominations is 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Nominations will be presented to the LGW Nominating Committee which will then present its recommendations to the LGW Board of Directors in May. A full vote by the LGW membership will take place in June. The new board members will be announced during the Annual Meeting on Thursday, June 25, 2020.
Many thanks for your time and role in moving Leadership Greater Washington's important mission forward. Board service for LGW is a valuable and rewarding experience and we look forward to considering your nominations.
Pinkie Mayfield ('01)
Nominating Committee Chair
Leadership Greater Washington