Now Hiring: LGW Communications Manager
August 4, 2021
Leadership Greater Washington (LGW) is the DC region’s premier leadership incubator. Our mission is to bring leaders together to make a positive community impact in the Washington metropolitan region. LGW is centered on building a more dynamic and collaborative community with engaged leaders of diverse backgrounds, sectors, and geographies.
We are seeking a Communications Manager in support of goals in several key areas; continuing to accelerate the focus on racial equity in our region and beyond; amplifying the collaborative impact of LGW members through our original storytelling, and convening LGW members and supporters for leading-edge programs and new opportunities for partnership to support an equitable and inclusive recovery in our communities.
Positional Purpose: The Communications Manager works closely with the development, membership, and events teams to develop and execute strategic communications that effectively communicate the LGW brand to members, donors, key stakeholders, supporters, and the public. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Benefits: This is a full-time, salaried position and includes a full benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance, a retirement plan, and generous paid time off for holidays, vacation, and parental and sick leave. This is a bonus-eligible position.
The Communications Manager plays a key role in advancing the mission of Leadership Greater Washington and is responsible for the execution of communications and marketing strategies to reach organizational goals and increase engagement. They lead digital marketing and communications planning by managing the editorial calendar and creating and publishing all content across digital channels including targeted emails, e-newsletters, original blog stories, social media, website content, and marketing materials.
Major workstreams include writing and editing, creating and operationalizing content to increase engagement, originating and executing strategic marketing and communications plans, creating, managing, and updating web pages, managing all LGW social media accounts, and creating graphics, videos, photos, and other branded collateral.
• Exceptional writing, storytelling, and editing skills
• Strong verbal communications skills
• At least 3-5 years of experience managing communications and marketing
• Strong organization, time management skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and anticipate needs and potential obstacles
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and a range of stakeholders
• Aptitude for digital marketing & technology including proficiency in email, social media, and website
• Ability to identify, pitch, conduct interviews and deliver original stories that highlight the impact of LGW to external audiences and stakeholders
• Ability to translate complex messages into digestible formats and provide messaging guidance that will appeal to program participants, stakeholders, and the public
• Knowledgeable about HTML and CSS coding with the ability to publish and manage content
• Experience using marketing and communications platforms for targeted email campaigns using CRM Software (ideally EveryAction)
• Experience with Drupal website platform
• Design proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere Pro, Photoshop & Illustrator) or similar (such as Canva)
• Photography, videography, and photo editing experience
• Ability to work collaboratively with a small team
• Ability to both develop strategies and implement detailed plans
• Ability to proactively meet deadlines and work collaboratively to accomplish goals
• Evidence of successful project management
• Contributing to an organizational culture of diversity, equity, and belonging, with a commitment to success, effective collaboration, and accountability
• Passion for working in a mission-driven organization
• Employs a systematic approach to work
• Experience with strategic marketing plans and earned media
Leadership Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to anti-racist principles and fostering a culture of inclusion, diversity, and belonging. People of color, people of all genders, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and why you are interested in and qualified for the opportunity.