Join us for an engaging and impactful thought leadership program featuring community organizations that lead workforce development programs in underserved communities in the DC region. This panel discussion will showcase how these organizations are building and delivering innovative, effective skills and workforce development programs, with specific emphasis on the technological sector.
With this event we aim to amplify an important regional conversation about how these programs are helping prepare residents to embrace new careers and workforce opportunities. With the right tools and training, participants in these programs can build a better future not only for themselves, but also for the communities in which they live.
- Janece Smoot Kleban (’18), Chief Community Impact & Sustainability Officer, Goodwill of Greater Washington
- Kathleen McMahon (’22), Executive Vice President, Development and Communications, Northern Virginia Family Service
- Joe Paul, Chief Executive Officer, Byte Back
This event will be moderated by Mario Acosta-Velez (’05), Vice President, Local Engagement, Corporate Social Responsibility and Public Policy - East Region, Verizon
- 9:30 am: Registration & Networking
- 10 am: Panel & Discussion
- 11 am: Networking